Where do I purchase tickets?
- Tickets are only available for purchase online. Please note that tickets will only be sold at the door if available.
- Visa or MasterCard are accepted to purchase tickets. We do not accept American Express.
How much do tickets cost?
- Ticket prices vary by city and by day. Be sure to purchase tickets accordingly when they go on sale. To view ticket prices, click on the Festival you're interested in: Calgary, Edmonton, or Banff.
- GST will be charged on top of the listed ticket price.
How do the sampling coupons work?
- Sampling coupons are available for $0.50 and can be purchased when you arrive onsite, in the Grand Tasting Hall. Samples range from 1 to 20 or more coupons, depending on the item.
Where are sampling coupons available for purchase at the Festival? What methods of payment are accepted?
- Sampling coupons are available at the Ticket/Will Call office and at various sampling coupon booths inside the Grand Tasting Hall. Visa, MasterCard and debit are accepted at the Ticket/Will Call office. Only cash is accepted at the sampling coupon booths inside the Grand Tasting Hall. Please note that ATMs will be available at the Grand Tasting Hall; however, they do line-up frequently during peak hours. We recommend withdrawing cash prior to arriving to avoid the ATM line-ups. If you wish to purchase sampling coupons using a credit card or debit card, please ensure you visit the Ticket/Will Call office prior to entering the Grand Tasting Hall.
- Please note, tickets are only available at the ticket office if the session is not sold out.
Can I exchange/refund my tickets?
- At this time, we are unable to offer any refunds or exchanges on ticket sales. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Can I purchase tickets for other people?
- Yes. All of the tickets are code specific and once they are scanned at the door, the tickets will become void. Duplicate tickets will not be accepted.
What does my ticket include?
- Your ticket to the Rocky Mountain Wine & Food Festival grants you entry into the Grand Tasting Hall where you will be able to purchase sampling coupons and sample from a huge variety of food and beverages.
What does a Front of the Line ticket include?
- Although line-ups are not anticipated, they may be present during peak arrival times. Take the fast-track to flavour with a Front of the Line Ticket. A Front of the Line Ticket guarantees immediate entry into the Grand Tasting Hall through an exclusive entrance, a welcome chocolate, sample of bubbly, bottle of water coupon, and access to a private coat check! (Please note there is a fee per coat for the private coat check.)
How much does the average person spend on sampling coupons?
- On average, each person spends about $28 - $34 on sampling coupons in addition to the cost of their entrance ticket.
How many sampling coupons is each sample?
- The number of sampling coupons for each sample varies and is determined by the exhibitor serving the sample. Generally, the exhibitors consider the cost of producing the sample when setting their prices, so you can expect to pay more for premium wines or food samples that utilize expensive ingredients. Samples start at 1 coupon ($0.50) and go up to 20 or more coupons ($10 or more). The Festival offers the opportunity to try a range of premium, high-end products, but also offers delicious affordable samples for you to indulge in. The average person spends $32 on coupons. Some people spend a lot less and others a lot more; however, most people will spend between $28-$34 on sampling coupons.
Does the ticket price include sampling?
- You must purchase sampling coupons at the Festival to enjoy sampling the food, wine and beverages inside the Grand Tasting Hall. Sampling coupons allow you to customize what you try and how much you spend. This system also allows the Festival to compensate the food and beverage exhibitors for a portion of their food/product costs. If you prefer an all inclusive Festival format, be sure to check out Winefest in Calgary and Edmonton next February.
Is there a coat check at the Festival? If so, how much is it?
- There is a coat check located at the Festival for your convenience. Coat check is an additional charge; please have cash on hand if you choose to check your coat. Depending on the venue, coat check is between $2 – 4. We recommend checking your coat to free your hands to better enjoy sampling throughout the tasting session.
Is there a dress code?
- There is no official dress code for the Festival. Most people wear attire that they would normally wear out for a nice dinner or an evening out with friends. We recommend checking your coat, if you bring one, so that your hands are free to hold your glass, tasting notebook and sampling coupons, and to enjoy your samples. Women might like to bring a shoulder purse and men might wear attire with pockets to store sampling coupons in, leaving the hands free for tasting!
When is the best time to arrive and enjoy the Festival?
- If you’re looking to beat the crowds, we recommend trying to arrive half an hour before the doors open - to get in line, and get your wine glass and tasting notebook, so you’re ready to buy your sampling coupons and start sampling right when the doors open. We recommend coming prepared with cash to allow you to purchase your sampling coupons immediately within the Grand Tasting Hall. If you enjoy the energy of a busier hall, you can look forward to a bustling venue an hour or two after doors open, all the way to closing.
How do I use my Tasting Notebook?
- The Tasting Notebook is a detailed guide you are given upon arrival of the exhibitors' food and beverage samples found at the Festival. Use the floor plan and the listings to find what you’re looking to sample. Almost all the wines in the Festival are listed in the wine tasting section, allowing you to make comments on the wines you try. Be sure to keep your Tasting Notebook after the Festival, to help remind you of the great restaurants and products you tried at the Festival. Visit liquorconnect.com after the Festival to find out where to buy these products. Don't forget to take your notebook on your future liquor-store shopping trips.
How can I find the products that I tried at the Festival?
- Liquorconnect.com has information on the location of almost all the adult beverages available in the province! Visit liquorconnect.com to find out where you can purchase the wines, beers, spirits and other adult beverages that you tried at the Festival.
Can I bring my child/baby?
- All attendees must be 18 years or older. Absolutely no minors, including infants, are permitted to attend.
If you have any additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (403) 228-0777.