Where do I purchase tickets?
- Tickets are only available for purchase online. Please note that tickets will only be sold at the door if available.
- Visa or MasterCard are accepted to purchase tickets. We do not accept American Express or Visa-Debit cards.
How much do tickets cost?
- Ticket prices vary by city and by day. Be sure to purchase tickets accordingly when they go on sale.
- GST will be charged on top of the listed ticket price.
Can I exchange/refund my tickets?
- At this time, we are unable to offer any refunds or exchanges on ticket sales. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Can I purchase tickets for other people?
- Yes. All of the tickets are code specific and once they are scanned at the door, the tickets will become void. Duplicate tickets will not be accepted.
What does my ticket include?
- Your ticket to the Rocky Mountain Wine & Food Festival grants you entry into the Grand Tasting Hall. Upon entry, you will be able to purchase sampling coupons at an additional cost to sample an extensive variety of food and beverages.
What does a Front of the Line ticket include?
- Although line-ups are not anticipated, they may be present during peak arrival times. Take the fast-track to flavour with a Front of the Line Ticket. A Front of the Line ticket grants speedy entrance into the Grand Tasting Hall through an exclusive entrance, and includes a sample of bubbly, a gourmet chocolate and private coat check (fees apply)!
I misplaced the tickets I purchased online. Can I have them re-sent to me?
Is this an all-inclusive event?
- The Rocky Mountain Wine & Food Festival is not an all-inclusive event. Sampling coupons must be purchased at the Festival to enjoy samples of food, wine and beverages inside the Grand Tasting Hall. Sampling coupons allow you to customize what you try and how much you spend. This system also allows the Festival to compensate the food and beverage exhibitors for a portion of their food/product costs. If you prefer an event where sampling is included in the ticket price, be sure to check out Winefest in Calgary and Edmonton.
How do the sampling coupons work? How much should I expect to spend on sampling coupons?
- Sampling coupons are available for $0.50 each, for a minimum of 10 coupons ($5) and can be purchased inside the Grand Tasting Hall. Samples range from 1 to 20 or more coupons. Prices are set by exhibitors, depending on the item.
- On average, each person spends about $28 - $34 on sampling coupons in addition to the cost of their entrance ticket.
Where are sampling coupons available for purchase at the Festival? What methods of payment are accepted?
- Sampling coupons are available at the Ticket/Will Call office and at various sampling coupon booths inside the Grand Tasting Hall. Visa, MasterCard and debit are accepted at the Ticket/Will Call office. Only cash is accepted at the sampling coupon booths inside the Grand Tasting Hall. Please note that ATMs will be available at the Grand Tasting Hall; however, they do line-up frequently during peak hours. We recommend withdrawing cash prior to arriving to avoid the ATM line-ups. If you wish to purchase sampling coupons using a credit card or debit card, please ensure you visit the Ticket/Will Call office prior to entering the Grand Tasting Hall.
Is there a coat check at the Festival? If so, how much is it?
- There is a coat check located at the Festival for your convenience. Coat check is an additional charge for both regular and Front of Line ticket purchasers; please have cash on hand if you choose to check your coat. Depending on the venue, coat check is between $2 – $4. We recommend checking your coat to free your hands to better enjoy sampling throughout the tasting session.
Is there a dress code?
- There is no official dress code for the Festival. Most people wear attire that they would normally wear out for a nice dinner or an evening out with friends. We recommend checking your coat, if you bring one, so that your hands are free to hold your glass, Festival Guide and sampling coupons, and to enjoy your samples. Women might like to bring a shoulder purse and men might wear attire with pockets to store sampling coupons in, leaving their hands free for tasting!
Are there places to sit inside the hall?
- There is no seating available inside the Grand Tasting Hall at the Stampede Park BMO Centre in Calgary and the Shaw Conference Centre in Edmonton. We recommend that you plan accordingly, such as wearing comfortable shoes, as you will likely stand for the majority of the session. If you cannot stand for long periods of time, please contact the Stampede Park BMO Centre or the Shaw Conference Centre directly to make special arrangements.
When is the best time to arrive and enjoy the Festival?
- If you’re looking to beat the crowds, we recommend trying to arrive half an hour before the doors open - to get in line, and get your wine glass and Festival Guide, so you’re ready to buy your sampling coupons and start sampling right when the doors open. We recommend coming prepared with cash to allow you to purchase your sampling coupons immediately within the Grand Tasting Hall. If you enjoy the energy of a busier hall, you can look forward to a bustling venue an hour or two after doors open, all the way to closing.
How do I use my Festival Guide?
- The Festival Guide is a detailed brochure of the Festival's food and beverage samples. Navigate through the hall using the floor plan and booth listings to find your favourite bites and sips. Be sure to keep your Festival Guide after the Festival, to help remind you of the great restaurants and new products you enjoyed! Visit LiquorConnect.com after the Festival to find out where to buy these products.
I have dietary restrictions – should I eat before I attend?
- Food exhibitors offer a variety of different samples, from international delights to local favorites! Although we work with exhibitors to ensure a variety of samples, we cannot guarantee all samples will fit all dietary restrictions. If you have any dietary restrictions such as celiac disease or lactose intolerance, we recommend checking out the Festival menu prior to attending and planning accordingly.
How can I find the products that I tried at the Festival?
- LiquorConnect.com has information on the location of almost all the adult beverages available in the province! Visit LiquorConnect.com to find out where you can purchase the wines, beers, spirits and other adult beverages that you tried at the Festival.
Can I bring my child/baby?
- All attendees must be 18 years or older. Absolutely no minors, including infants, are permitted to attend.
Will the Rocky Mountain Wine & Food Festival be taking place in Banff this year?
- We regret to announce that the Banff Rocky Mountain Wine & Food Festival will not be taking place in 2017. We appreciate the support received from Festival attendees, sponsors, exhibitors and suppliers over the years in Banff and we thank you for helping to make the Banff Rocky Mountain Wine & Food Festival such a tremendous success.
If you have any additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (403) 228-0777.